Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Mystic Falls...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

As a citizen of Mystic Falls Virginia, you will create your character and start out here. Either sign up as a canon, or play a newcomer to the small town.. Make friends, make enemies, be a protagonist or an antagonist. It's all up to you, play yourself (as a human...duhr) or anyone else.

Life as Recorded by Carmen Boone Staff_zps08fc6213

Life as Recorded by Carmen Boone Tumblr_mgmak8vUeZ1rtu6rco2_r1_250_zpsc2db250b Life as Recorded by Carmen Boone 394958_419159664843676_1501845092_nLife as Recorded by Carmen Boone Liz_zpse62da61aLife as Recorded by Carmen Boone 735018_419101361516173_1718618447_n Alexa - ADMIN

ANISSA
ELI
CODY

Life as Recorded by Carmen Boone 226-17-Copy2-Copy_zps33a9eec0

September, 2010
Latest topics
» Fresh meat....kinda. just come here
Life as Recorded by Carmen Boone Emptyby Elizabeth Montague Fri May 31, 2013 9:31 pm

» All my sites
Life as Recorded by Carmen Boone Emptyby Elizabeth Montague Fri May 31, 2013 4:18 pm

» Erin's New Sites!
Life as Recorded by Carmen Boone Emptyby Erin Lynn Smith Fri May 31, 2013 3:55 pm

» Gym (Eric/Liz)
Life as Recorded by Carmen Boone Emptyby Elizabeth Montague Fri May 31, 2013 3:49 pm

» Dish Tv Qip, what channel is fox on dish network in south carolina
Life as Recorded by Carmen Boone Emptyby Elizabeth Montague Fri May 31, 2013 3:32 pm

» Dish Network Encryption
Life as Recorded by Carmen Boone Emptyby Elizabeth Montague Fri May 31, 2013 3:31 pm

» Drawn to you [Maxine|Jason]
Life as Recorded by Carmen Boone Emptyby Maxine Lambert Mon May 20, 2013 9:38 pm

Life as Recorded by Carmen Boone Chatbox_zps3b043139

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Life as Recorded by Carmen Boone Affiliates_zps83f96de9

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 86 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:53 am

Life as Recorded by Carmen Boone

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Life as Recorded by Carmen Boone Empty
PostSubject: Life as Recorded by Carmen Boone   Life as Recorded by Carmen Boone EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 10:16 am

So, I was feeling nostalgic today. I was looking through my journal from when I first moved to Mystic Falls. Its interesting how little things have changed in the span of a year. This time last year I was pissed off that I was being forced to go to a public learning institution. Now I love it! High school is still slightly boring but the classes I am taking at the community college are more fun than I ever thought I could have at school! Cheer is just as irritating - there is seriously something wrong with that Forbes girl - but I like being on the squad with all the girls. I feel about ten times more confident. Its the only time I can talk to the girls - even if it's only about how they can improve their tumbling - without feeling like a complete idiot.
Some of what I wrote is pretty funny, looking back at the situation. Like my third entry in the journal was:

Quote :
0800:
It's been a week since we moved. This town is strange . . . I feel like there are a lot of secrets. Daddy picked it up too. We are staying alert always. I miss sunny New Mexico. It's so green here. Everything is green and enclosed by trees. It's like even the trees have secrets! Deserts don't keep secrets, except maybe ours. There are a lot of animal attacks here, but I really don't think they are animals. It's the vampires. People here must not have very much control. In New Mexico, we never heard of animal attacks unless they were actual animal attacks. Vampires down in the South West usually fed on coyotes. Poor things! God, I couldn't ever be a vampire . . . there's no way I could even complete the transition! Killing so many people just to stay alive? No thank you. I'd rather see Momma again. It would be a bit ironic, a vegetarian as a vampire; Daddy thinks its hilarious.
1930:
Daddy got home at 1700 and said we had to sit down and have a talk, which automatically set me on edge. The last time we had a talk he had been informing his nine year old daughter that her mother wasn't coming home. Needless to say, I was a bit apprehensive.
He has decided I am going to start my junior year at the local high school and he wants me to do cheerleading and tennis. The last time I went to school was the year before mom died. I don't like classes. I like working by myself. To say I'm not happy is an understatement. But maybe he is right, maybe I should try school. I'll be starting as a junior, even though I've already finished he material. I go in tomorrow to register and try out for cheerleading and tennis. Can they even cut people from tennis? I guess we'll see! Then I'll start next Monday. This ought to be interesting . . . I should probably get some sleep.

Looking back at this, I was right to be apprehensive about those talks. We have had them quite a bit since then and every time he tells me something he knows I am going to absolutely hate. And I was right about those animal attacks. nearly all of them are vampires. I was right about the secrets too. I don't know them, but I see the same group of supernatural beings convened whispering at every possible moment. And there are days when the whole group of them will just disappear. It's so bizarre. Maybe I should start trusting my judgement more. I seem to be frequently on target. There is also a possibility I should start lowering my expectations of others.
My fourth entry, written the day after, was short:

Quote :
I made both the teams! I guess this will finally put my gymnastics training to use here since this town is too dumpy to have an actual gym. That's okay though, Daddy and I are ordering the materials to build me a gym in the garage. I can't wait for my apparatus' to get here! It's been way too long since I got to practice my double arabian dismount. I mean sure, I can practice a little bit at the dance studio in the next town over but all I can really do is my dance moves and a selective few tumbling passes. But they don't have a beam, and floor isn't exactly my favorite event . . . in fact, it's my least favorite! Hopefully these aren't the kind of cheerleaders who think they are better than gymnasts . . . I might snap.

I didn't think my tolerance was that low . . . and I can't believe I really expected cheerleaders - I mean, their cheerleaders, for god's sake - to admit they were inferior to someone else. Some of the girls can be really nice, but some of the others are just mean and vindictive! It seems like such a long time ago that I was working on perfecting my double arabian dismount! I also sound kind of spoiled too. I mean not many girls can afford a fully functioning gymnastic gym in their 'garage'. I think my gym might actually be bigger than our house. I am so lucky to have a daddy that can provide for me. Some of these kids can't even afford a nice car! Let alone a gym. My log the week after makes me sound almost as bad, though it does show my willingness to work hard, too! I mean not many girls have the dedication necessary to build their own gym!

Quote :
Well, I've been to school and cheer and tennis practice now! School is just as boring as I thought it would be and cheer practice was a joke. I mean really? Come on! A back handspring? Ariel cartwheels? What are we, ten? I can do those as a werewolf! Well, I haven't tried, but I'm sure I could! Ok, maybe not, werewolves don't have the same range of motion as humans do. But still! I thought I wouldn't mind the whole "We've got spirit" thing, but to be honest, it's slightly irritating. But, at least it's something! I'll get over it . . . I absolutely love tennis though! Some of these girls are really good. It challenges me. Which is good, because not much at this school does. Except maybe History. I may need tutoring. It was never a strong subject of mine and they are covering Mystic Falls history, which everyone else seems to already know. I think I'll go to the library tomorrow after pom-pom practice.
Daddy and I are setting up my first apparatus tonight! We already put down all the necessary mats and tape. I set up my chalk station too. By this time tomorrow I will be able to practice my floor and bars! Things are starting to look better now.

But I still sound spoiled. Or just obsessed with my gymnastics. Really? Things are only looking better being I have my apparatus? Wow, maybe I should consider taking a break to reconsider my focus . . . No, I could never do that! Who am I trying to fool? Gymnastics is like air to me!

Last edited by Carmen Boone on Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:33 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

Life as Recorded by Carmen Boone
Page 1 of 1