Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Mystic Falls...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

As a citizen of Mystic Falls Virginia, you will create your character and start out here. Either sign up as a canon, or play a newcomer to the small town.. Make friends, make enemies, be a protagonist or an antagonist. It's all up to you, play yourself (as a human...duhr) or anyone else.

How to Roleplay (Must Read) Staff_zps08fc6213

How to Roleplay (Must Read) Tumblr_mgmak8vUeZ1rtu6rco2_r1_250_zpsc2db250b How to Roleplay (Must Read) 394958_419159664843676_1501845092_nHow to Roleplay (Must Read) Liz_zpse62da61aHow to Roleplay (Must Read) 735018_419101361516173_1718618447_n Alexa - ADMIN

ANISSA
ELI
CODY

How to Roleplay (Must Read) 226-17-Copy2-Copy_zps33a9eec0

September, 2010
Latest topics
» Fresh meat....kinda. just come here
How to Roleplay (Must Read) Emptyby Elizabeth Montague Fri May 31, 2013 9:31 pm

» All my sites
How to Roleplay (Must Read) Emptyby Elizabeth Montague Fri May 31, 2013 4:18 pm

» Erin's New Sites!
How to Roleplay (Must Read) Emptyby Erin Lynn Smith Fri May 31, 2013 3:55 pm

» Gym (Eric/Liz)
How to Roleplay (Must Read) Emptyby Elizabeth Montague Fri May 31, 2013 3:49 pm

» Dish Tv Qip, what channel is fox on dish network in south carolina
How to Roleplay (Must Read) Emptyby Elizabeth Montague Fri May 31, 2013 3:32 pm

» Dish Network Encryption
How to Roleplay (Must Read) Emptyby Elizabeth Montague Fri May 31, 2013 3:31 pm

» Drawn to you [Maxine|Jason]
How to Roleplay (Must Read) Emptyby Maxine Lambert Mon May 20, 2013 9:38 pm

How to Roleplay (Must Read) Chatbox_zps3b043139

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

How to Roleplay (Must Read) Affiliates_zps83f96de9

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 86 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:53 am

How to Roleplay (Must Read)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kit Kat Petrova. [:

Kit Kat Petrova. [:

Bites : 1780
Awesomeness : 34
Alias : Alexa

How to Roleplay (Must Read) Empty
PostSubject: How to Roleplay (Must Read)   How to Roleplay (Must Read) EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 7:57 pm

What Is Roleplaying?

Here are some guidelines on how to roleplay. First, let's ask a simple question- what is roleplaying? Roleplaying is acting as a character, in existence or made up, and interact with other characters. In this case, the character is either a character from the American TV Series, The Vampire Diaries or a made-up character. Please PM if you want to be a real character from the show.

Now, I'll teach you how to roleplay. Basically, when you're roleplaying, you should imagine you're writing the final draft of a story that's about to be published. When your character, or another character, is talking, it should be in quotations. Using correct spelling and grammar is a must. And you should be writing like you're writing a novel, too: your character is the first person narrator. For example, I might say, in a post:

Damon wrote:
Quote :
"Hey, baby brother." I said, as I stepped into Stefan's room. "What's up...you know with you?" I basically asked. Don't blame me. When it comes to socializing with people I can't stand...I'm not the BEST.

And then he might say:

Stefan wrote:
Quote :
I finally woke up from the best slumber in a while. I was still tired but I had school, weird huh? A 164 year old vampire...in school. I found a tanktop and slid it onto my body. As soon as I heard a tiny creak on the stairs, I turned around. It was Damon. After some small talk, I knew he didn't give shit about mean. "How am I, or how's Elena?" I asked.

Powerplaying:

Something you shouldn't do is powerplaying.Powerplaying is when you take control of another character. This can be very aggravating, especially if the person does something annoying. For example:

Stefan wrote:

Quote :
I turned around and saw Damon. "How am I, or how's Elena?" I asked. He picked up a mirror and smirked. "I look good today!" He said.

Out of Character:

There's no way to tell whether you're adding something to your post that's out of character, so the inventors of the online roleplay made up Out Of Character, or OOC. You can use OOC to suggest what to do to the other person, to comment on something, or basically anything. Here's an example of a roleplay with OOC:

Stefan wrote:

Quote :
"I HATE YOU!"
OOC: Trys to stake, but misses.

And then she might say:

Damon wrote:
Quote :
OOC: Okay! Well I wonder where this is leading? [:
BIC: I got mad. I grab the stake and threw it about a mile away. "Really?" I asked as if I cared, "Well, I don't give a rat's ass." I said, finally sounding like myself again.

As, you can probably figure out, BIC means back in character.

Double Posting:

One thing I don't like is double-posting. Or triple-, quadruple-, googolplex-posting, whatever. When you do multiple posts without anyone else posting, it looks really sloppy and bad. So don't multiple-post. Just don't do it.

Length of Posts:

I also hate it when people do really short posts, like:

Damon wrote:

Quote :
I got mad.

Damon wrote:
Quote :
I punched Stefan.

Damon wrote:
Quote :
I injected him with vervain so he couldn't fight back.

And so on... and it gets quite boring to read. Please put some effort into your posts; if you're going to post like that, combine it all into one post. I'm not saying your post has to be lecture-long, just make it interesting to read.

I hope you have an enjoyable time roleplaying! Any questions? Post them below!

Love Your Admin
Back to top Go down
http://www.thetiesthatbindrp.com

How to Roleplay (Must Read)
Page 1 of 1